Thursday, October 15, 2009

Post 19: Iran

October 15, 2009: Damansara: Post 19



What an experience to see the country of Tehran, Iran.

Early this month, I was assign to go to Tehran for exhibition, for work. For the record, this is the furthest I’ve flied so far. (Hope more to come soon). Upon arriving at the airport, I was warm by the air stewardess that no short pant is allowed in Iran at outdoor. What a great start ah!! Sigh, no other alternative but I have to change and I look like this…

Half of my body in leisure mode; half of my body in working mode…. XD

First thing I experience is the cold weather during this period. It is very comfortable weather; I think should be around 20-25 C. Even having the sun out, it is not hot. I hardly get sweat at all unless when we need to walk far far away to get our ride back to hotel….

2nd of all is Iranian girls are really pretty…unexpected. Before I depart to Iran, I though their culture will require them to have a full body covered with black cloth, but it turn out not all girls doing that.



Their feature is sharp, as if they are the mixture of western beauty and eastern beauty. Combination and it become Iranian. (Wild guesses only)
As I walk along the street, there is so many girls pass by and I really cannot stop but to look at them. Come on, how many times you can meet an Iranian pretty girl in Malaysia??? Of course I will not be so crazy to keep asking people to post for me and keep snapping photo of these girls…so it turn out I need to do it like this…like a stocker!!! XD

I am not crazy….!!!!!
Food is rather dry in Tehran. Most of the food serves with bread. Pita or Nun, this is the only 2 I can remember.
Rice will serve with herb grass, or with butter rice mixing with white rice. In short, the food is dry. There is no kuah for the rice, kebab chicken served is also dry, and most of the food I experience in Tehran is dry. There is just no source for it. Until…..our last night in Tehran….

We are invited by the Embassy of Malaysia in Tehran to have a dinner at the residence. Nasi Lemak will be served will CURRY AYAM and RENDANG AYAM!!!! NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL AS REAL FOOD!!!!!!!!



We had about 30-40 guest that night and everyone is eating so happyly with the food served. Beside Nasi Lemak, there is also Satay, Rendang Lembu, acar, and many others, all are Malaysia food.





It was a great dinner and I ate 3 round of it. I swear I am not lying!!!!

Overall Tehran is not a messy as everyone though it is. It is still a very interesting country. Beside then girls, I am sure there are still a lot of places to visit and a lot of food can try. Glad I make it for the trip.


1 comment: