Sunday, March 7, 2010

Post 71: 孔明灯

7th March, 2010; Damansara; Post 71:
On 15th Day of CNY, it is no longer my interest to go any sea side or lake to see everyone throughing oranges, thanks to my dad, I still have something at home to celebrate with... :P

I never did this before. Just watch others releasing long time ago in Klang and it turns out to be pretty simple to fly a 孔明灯.
It is not expensive as well as it is made out of thin paper and few sticks of woods. The lantern need to be as light as possible so it can fly up easier.
Once candle below is up, wait for couple minutes to burn hot air inside and it will move up forward...
Happy 元宵节。。。

4 comments:

  1. yoyo, it is still illegal to fo it here leh haha. Blogging may get u into trouble hmm... god bless :)

    its a great tradition and meaningful, but in view of the recent climate changes and enviromental problems, perhaps should be scrapped. just my 2 cents la :P

    but not cheap also leh the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alwin..i thought is illegal? I used to do this previously at kampung, less risk since kampung do not have high rise building like KL..even the lantern fly to KL and burn someone house also is too far to track on me...kekeke
    Anyway, i missed this a lot le. I can;t get this lantern eversince the government banned it...:-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I did give a though of it but still it is what i decide to try since i have never try before...it is still a fun time i had with my family, i think that matter most...

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha yup agree with that br, family matters most. But blogging bout it may (just may la who knows) get one into trouble cos its "evidence" haha. but nvm la, its far fetched but just a reminder lo and be aware.

    live life to the fullest haha

    ReplyDelete