Friday, July 2, 2010

Post 99: My favourite food #2

Since young, I always have my favourite breakfast in this Makcik store. She made an extention outside of her house, allocate small area to preparing drink and a wooden table serving Nasi Lemak. Beside that wooden table, there is some light kiuh as well. She is there for almost 15 years or more. As for as I can remember, I am here since I am 13 years old. When I feel like eating Nasi Lemak at morning, I try drop by and get her steaming hot Nasi Lemak. For me, steaming hot Nasi Lemak is important.

During my school time, this store will open by 630 am and you can see alot of people ta pao before going off to work. There is not much of variety here. Simple dish like Fried Chicken, Rendang Chicken, Kerang, Sambal Sotong and others.

Rendang ayam taste fantastic, though it is abit oily, but its kuah mixing with Nasi Lemak makes it a perfect match!!! Similar when eating Nasi Minyak...

Karang is 1 of my favourite at all time, which is why i am a fan for Lok Lok also... :P.

Sambal sotong is an alternative as well when I don't feel like eating chicken. It is more spicier along with sambal which is why I prefer rendang chicken.

For 1 breakfast like this, it use to cost me about RM 3 - RM 3.50, that is about 10-15 years ago. Now Makcik is putting RM 5.00-RM 5.50 price tag on my favourite Nasi Lemak. I won't say it is cheap but for food that I love, it is ok... as long it is not everyday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment