Friday, September 18, 2009

Post 9: Festive Season - 中秋节

September 19, 2009: Petaling Jaya Old Town: Post 9:

2009 Lantern Festival coming soon. Still remember time when i was younger, i use to lighted up candle in front of my house gate, arrange and hang lantern around tree branches and my parent will keep an eye on me to make sure i will not burn the house down!! :P Overall, the atmosphere is much more enjoyable and pure. Burning candles around our gate and show off our lantern around the street like a parade!!! those day were great...Life was much simplier...

There is also a story telling how Lantern Festival come about but I cannot remember details of the story. Is been awhile anyone telling such story anymore. All I remember is there is a beatiful girl heading to the moon and stay there forever, too bad...

While window shop, you can notice more and more store selling mooncake now. There is various of favor, packing, design, taste, size...etc. Unlimited choices for selection. Price is not cheap too for some of the reputable brand. Still I dont really like mooncake myself. I like playing with lantern but mooncake is really not my favourite. Most of it is really sweet...as if they put tones of sugar to produce 1 moonocake.


Lately i received an email from 1 of my old friend. Above is the promotional poster. They are selling some mooncake. One think i like about the mooncake is: it is not too sweet!! They brought it for us to try and I do like what i eat. Green tea is definately my choice!! One of thier selling point is there is not preservative into this mooncake, which mean, you need to finish it within days as they are baking it fresh for customers. These mooncake will be pack in 2 pcs/pack and if ordering 8 pcs aka 4 packs, there will be another bigger red bags to carrying it. No box, only carrying bag, and preferable with no mixture of flavor in pack. So if anyone interested, please let me know or you may contact Ms Chong @ 012-231 7081.

No comments:

Post a Comment